Here's something that I use to boost the stove top type stuffing mix. With Thanksgiving approaching, I thought I'd share it. The mix is often as cheap as the croutons for stuffing and it already has pretty good seasoning so I don't mind using it. However, what it lacks is the vegetable content that good stuffing should have. What I do is add the classic veggies to hop up the mix.
1 box of stuffing mix
1 tbl Butter
2 rib Celery finely chopped
1/3 Medium Yellow Onion finely chopped
1 tsp Minced Garlic (I'm lazy so I keep he minced garlic in the jar on hand)
Pinch of Salt and 6 or 8 grinds of black pepper
Pinch of Sage
Big Pinch of Rosemary
Heat the pan on medium high and melt the butter. I just use the sauce pan that I intend to make the stuffing in to save on clean up.
Add the rest of the ingredients and saute until the vegetables are tender.
Add the water per the directions on the stuffing mix package and deglaze the pan. Add the rest of the ingredients and follow the directions on the package.
It's easy, quick, and it will make your dressing fabulous this holiday season. I hope you enjoy it.
You might also add whatever you like in your stuffing such as giblets, sausage, or raisins.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades